Observations and Overflow

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Ringy Dingy Ding Ding


“This is Katie…[pause to listen] Oh, hi Cindy, I’m in the middle of a pedicure at Ira’s, I’ll call you back after my latte, buh-bye.” Katie, do Cindy a favor and don’t answer the phone. Have you ever heard of voice mail?

Being a gregarious denizen of the Big Easy I can understand the addictive nature of digital chit-chat. I accept that cell phones are an integral thread in our urban adventure; however, there is one simple thing that I do not understand. Why is it that some cell phone users will answer their phones when they can’t talk to you?

“Listen… I’m in a meeting right now, can I back to you?” If you are in a meeting then why on earth are you answering the phone to begin with?! Is it that you can’t figure out how to turn the volume down? Or that when the phone rings you don’t have enough understanding to know that the big button with the word ‘END’ on it is the way to shut off a ringing phone?

Here’s a tip: If you are too busy or involved to speak to the person who is calling you, DON’T ANSWER THE PHONE. In fact, in some cases just leave the phone in your car. Now there’s a novel idea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Seo Blog - free, no ads homepage hosting! Start your website today! Publishing and journaling with ease!