Observations and Overflow

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

These Words, Phrases, and Sayings Burn Us! -Part. II

The MHASWSCA list continues:

4. Don’t Go There
No, this isn’t a geographical proclamation it is a conversation directive. DGT comes to us from the open-minded free speech crowd as they attempt to control the direction of closed conversations. When one receives a DGT it is a clear indication that you are being shut down like an out-of-code diner whose meter is minus a few quarters.

5. Issues
I use to think that issues were reoccurring magazine subscriptions; however, now they are everywhere. Issues are pesky little thought patterns and deep-seated abnormalities that manifest themselves as behaviors that those who interact with you have to deal with. Gone are the notions of ‘sin’ and ‘wrong’ and ‘you are a freak’. Our post-modern love fest has brought us the psychobabble-infused notion of ‘issues’ fresh from the therapy session. I’ve been told that even my dog has issues since I had her spayed. Poor Rose.

6. Agree to Disagree
This lovely conclusion remark gives me a rash. I say X, you say –X and we agree that that has taken place. Let’s run past that again shall we? You say one thing and I don’t agree with it, so our conclusion? We concur that we disagree. Exactly what on earth have we said in saying that?! Blue is blue. This one is straight out of the politically correct oh-please-can’t-Rodney-King-be-right suitcase.

I disagree with this gem, but then again, I have issues.

Whatever.

More to come...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamin Hubner said...

you are the man...
forever I envy your language creativity and freedom.

:)
J.A.

Monday, March 07, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Seo Blog - free, no ads homepage hosting! Start your website today! Publishing and journaling with ease!