Observations and Overflow

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Ipse Dixit

I discovered a new phrase today - ipse dixit. This Latin expression is quite fun to say, "ip-see-dix-it". Say it out loud. Go ahead. Try it.

(Insert pause here for a brief time so that said word may be recited)

Cool, huh? :) It means literally "He himself has said it". It is used when someone makes a mere assertion without necessarily backing it up with facts- just putting the claim out there in thin air to dangle on the thin thread while mimicking a rope. This brings me to my post on Kerry.

Oh, how I loathe the unsubstantiated ranting of political chameleons that spend most of their time memorizing their next fabrication!

I can almost hear the KKK [Koncerned Koreans against Kerry] chanting, “ipse dixit he no fix it! … ipse dixit he no fix it! I think I’ll go eat some Kim chi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Seo Blog - free, no ads homepage hosting! Start your website today! Publishing and journaling with ease!